- We like : a nice, practical walk with a change of scenery for children
- Neighborhood Stalingrad, Quinconces, Hangars Médoc, Cité du Vin, and Lormont - The entire central loop of the Garonne in Bordeaux and as far as Lormont: from Pont de Pierre to Quai de Lormont
- Duration of crossing : 4 min from shore to shore
- Age: for everyone, even strollers
The Bat³ river shuttle - TBM
To be pronounced "BatcubeThe Bordeaux fleet is made up of three boats: the Avocette, the Gondole and the Hirondelle. These river and hybrid shuttles allow you to "zigzag" between the banks with the TBM season ticket or the same tickarte, facilitating connections with other means of transport in the TBM network. Each shuttle can accommodate up to 45 passengers and 6 bicycles. The shuttles are also equipped for people with reduced mobility, with two places reserved at the front.
Ports of call: 5 stations
- Stalingrad (right bank, Yves Parlier pontoon)
- Quincunxes (Jean-Jaurès pontoon)
- Médoc Hangars (Les Hangars pontoon)
- Wine city (Ponton La Cité du Vin)
- Lormont Bas (Pontoon Lormont Bas)
The strong points
- You will find a "passenger information At each pontoon: a sign (translated into English and Spanish) with an illustrated map to help you find your way around the area.
- On board the Bat3 visual and audible announcements indicate which pontoons are served
- The crossing offers a different view of the city, and for children it's a real adventure.
- The Bat3 escape traffic jams to go from one bank to the other in 4 minutes
- Gentle, stress-free transport
- Bat shuttles3 are accessible to people with reduced mobility
- New - Soon 4 new shuttles will increase frequencies and extend opening hours
- New - Second river transport line to open in 2025
What to do near the ports of call
- From "Stalingrad" pontoon discover Veilhan's Liona huge sculpture by Xavier Veilhan and installed on Place Stalingrad in 2005
- The "Quinconces" Pontoon is close to the Grand Théâtre and the immense tree-lined esplanade of the Quinconces, ideal in summer! In the heart of the chic Golden Trianglea short distance away, you can reach the Place des Grands Hommes and its gourmet stores and you'll be on the circuit of the Little Electric Train
- From the "Hangars" stopover find out more Chartrons districtA former Mecca of the Bordeaux wine trade, it has now been completely refurbished for leisurely strolls and relaxed, bohemian shopping. Picnic or terrace, on foot, by bike or on a scooter, you're just a stone's throw from the skatePark to appeal to teenagers, as well as the famous M.U.R. street art in Place Avisseau where you can follow a guided tour or take the whole family on a tour of the Musée du Négoce et du Vin !
- From the pontoon The Cité du Vin, the Cité du Vin, where you'll find workshops, conferences, tastings and permanent collections. Located in the Bacalan districtthe newly refurbished Halles, where you can enjoy a meal and discover the bassins à flots of Bordeaux's old port district. Just a stone's throw from this stopover, we arrive at the Bassin des Lumières and near the Sea Marine Museum
- L'escale Lormont Bas makes it easy to get out of Bordeaux for a new nature and heritage walk where you can use your Logbook for a bicycle treasure hunt to the discovery of the old Lormont between park and stretches of water sheltering ecosystems classified in zone of ecological and floristic interest. A quiet and relaxing place, ideal for children, cycling and for all nature lovers.
Other ways to stroll along the Garonne ...
Bat³ opening hours
- Every day except May 1st
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm (until 8:15 pm in summer)
- Tickets identical to those used on buses and streetcars, unlimited for 1 hour
- 1 trip: €1.70
- 2 trips: €3.00
- 10 trips: €13.70
- 10 trips at reduced rates (schoolchildren, military students and solidarity): €7.90
- Transport included with card TBM and Tickartesvalidation is mandatory
- Reduced-price 10-trip tickets for schoolchildren
- Discounts on weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available for 5-10 year olds
- Shuttle service included in benefits City Pass Bordeaux