- Neighborhood : necks of Verdun
- Schedules: open from 7am to 9pm in summer (check the schedule)
- Age: all public
- Free for all except the attractions like the Guignol and the "Va P'tit Mousse".
- A little advice ideal for a quiet moment with the children and to find freshness in summer without ruining yourself
The public garden of Bordeaux
A real green lung for the citySince 1746, the public garden has offered almost 11 hectares of greenery to the inhabitants and curious walkers. It is the first garden designed from the beginning to be open to the public. Originally designed "à la française", it became "à l'anglaise" in the 19the century, when it was used to train the apothecaries and doctors of Bordeaux. Today, you can still enjoy about thirty remarkable botanical species as well asan arboretum of several hundred trees. In the park, there are also sculptures, beautiful buildings or freshwater animals.
This Bordeaux jewel is classified "Remarkable garden of France", and it includes many family-friendly attractions. A mobile app ?will help you recognize plants and bird songs. Searching and flashing QR codes is fun but also ... rewarding!
Closures according to the season: April 1 to May 31: 8pm / June 1 to August 31: 9pm / September 1 to 30: 8pm / October 1 to 31: 7pm / November 1 to February 14: 6pm / February 15 to March 31: 7pm
The public garden in family
With young children, the "Go, Little Mousse". It is a mythical boat of promenade of the public garden, replica of a historical boat half Drakkar, half gondola. It has carried entire generations on the basin which offers daily outings during school vacations (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday the rest of the year). The current version is a 100% electric boat that can accommodate 12 passengers. (count 3,50€ per person). Your little sailors will love it!
You will also find :
- the Guignol Guérin theater (session at 4 or 5 pm)
- the Carousel
- of swings
- several playgroundsincluding a huge one with a pirate ship !
And simply take the children to watch the swans and ducks on the water.
To go further in the discovery of the public garden...
- The Public Garden can host the outdoor continuation of an exhibition that takes place at the Muséum Bordeaux - Sciences and nature - you can enjoy it while walking in the middle of nature!
- Bordeaux is definitely THE city for botany enthusiasts! Young and old can exercise their curiosity by going to the right bank, in the district of La Bastide, to visit the "new" Botanical garden of Bordeaux. Very practical with The Bat³ river shuttle - TBM from the center of Bordeaux, they will discover a place in constant evolution with more than 1700 plants, educational and scientific spaces.
What to do around the public garden?
- Visit a museum for example! At the end of the public garden is a museum that cannot be ignored: The Bordeaux Museum - Sciences and nature which is the Natural History Museum. For the lovers ofcontemporary artyou can also visit the CAPClocated nearby along the Quai Louis XVIII.
- Hungry? When the weather is nice, take advantage of all these lawns to have a little picnic in a very family and warm atmosphere! More cosy, theOrangery, mythical café of the Public Garden, will answer your desires in the heart of this garden created in the 18e century! Bistronomy, to take away or tapas in the evening.
- Want something more unusual: cats and Mangas? Surround yourself with felines at NEKOMATAa cat café at 40 rue Lafaurie de Maubadon. Nine adorable cats are waiting for you to cuddle while your taste buds marvel at the Japanese delicacies of this warm little café. As in Japan, everyone will be wearing slippers. And in addition a manga library is at your disposal to make you feel at home.